Surely a nap can revitalise your senses and calm your eyes from the constant stare at the screen. But a lovely sleep gives you more than what a short nap can give. A good hour of sleep is really important for the body, mind, and soul. You tend to work better after a good night’s sleep. Your judgment, the way you think and function improve only when you sleep better at the night. The consequences if you don’t are quite the opposite and you tend to lose concentration, you become anxious and irritated. This also reflects on your digestive system.
Sometimes you try really hard to drift off, but it’s difficult and you often have disturbed sleep. During such times, instead of depending on the medication, you might want to try the organic way. Maybe an organic tea before you going to bed? Sure, beverages like tea, coffee, or any caffeinated drink will only keep you more awake and energised. But these organic teas are specially made to induce sleep and relax the mind. It’s quite evident from many of the blogs as to why or the reasons to choose organic tea in the diet.
But, what about how organic tea helps in inducing sleep?
Sleep teas are a rare topic that never has to come to life. Or no one really knows much about this. Anyway, there is Tulsi, Cardamom, Chamomile, Peppermint, etc., that are organic. But Tulsi sleep tea is the gold on the list. Learn their reasons.
- Soothes the anxious mind: Tulsi among other kinds of herbal leaves like the ashwagandha is known to relax the nervous system, alleviate stress, insomnia, and soothean anxious mind. If you don’t like Tulsi, then maybe chamomile tea will help.
- Restore balance: Tulsi, Ashwagandha, Gotu Kola are Ayurveda adaptogenic herbs that help in working with stress and balance of the body. These teas help in building stress resilience that supports peaceful sleep.
- Promotes digestion: Cardamom and peppermint teas are best known for helping in good digestion. Along with that, it helps in reducing digestive discomfort and provides relief. Ultimately, it gives you a good night’s sleep. Stress is the biggest contender in ruining the digestive system. Herbs that calm the nerves also relieve stress and anxiety that helps in good digestion.
- Contains sleep-inducing herbs: Plants like chamomile and shankpushpi treat insomnia and promote sleep. And chamomile is one of the best teas to go for treating nightmares.
Not all teas are similar; you might have to choose one flavour that suits your body type. Maybe you are allergic to Tulsi. So, you can choose an alternative that’s best for you. Alternative options are:
- Chamomile tea: Due to its calming nature, chamomile tea is considered to be the best beverage before bedtime. This tea or chamomile is used to treat anxiety, insomnia and relieve stress.
- Passionflower tea: This tea is made from a plant that is pale green in colour. It also has flavone that’s found in honey which includes calm and soothing ingredients to relax the muscle and increase the mental repose.
- Lemon balm tea: This tea is made from the lemon balm plant, scientifically known as Mellisa Officinalis, which is a part of the mint family. This tea is usually used by middle-aged people to treat symptoms of insomnia and anxiety that prevent restful sleep.
- Peppermint tea: This is a hybrid between spearmint and water mint plants. Drinking a cup of peppermint tea before bed can help you sleep better, especially during an upset stomach. This tea contains inflammatory properties that relax the muscles and calms them. As this tea is caffeine-free, a cup before bed won’t encourage insomnia. Apart from being muscle relaxing, this tea relieves gas, bloated stomach and resolves any digestive discomfort.
- Lavender tea: The smell of lavender has always been considered to be relaxing. You get to see them in many different aromatic flavours in different kinds of products apart from tea. By this, we know that lavender induces peace and calmness. Having a lavender tea after having a busy and hectic day is the best option.
- Valerian root tea: This is made from the roots of the plant that’s native to Asia and Europe. This tea appears in light grey colour, also is a powerful sleep-inducing tea. This is mostly used in treating insomnia and getting better sleep.
Organic tea was wildly known for weight loss and having a fitter life. Little was it known to the world about different organic tea being known for inducing sleep, relaxing mind and soul after a hectic day.