A blissful destination for all the bike lovers, Leh-Ladakh is an offbeat destination in India. The mesmerizing beauty of Leh-Ladakh invites thousands of tourists every single year from far away. Ladakh is a stunning place that offers travelers scenic as well as thrilling spots. Leh is like a heaven on the earth. A bike trip from Manali to Leh Ladakh is a privilege for every rider. The trip is among the best thing you can plan in your lifetime. You will be covering around two thousand km during the entire trip through spectacular places.
The trip to Leh Ladakh from a stunning place Manali is a once-in-a-lifetime trip. This town is situated in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh and is known for its impeccable beauty, scenic views and indomitable charm of the mighty Himalayas. The journey from Manali to Leh and Ladakh is marked by stunning snow glaciers and oak trees. A bike trip from Manali to Leh and Ladakh is a privilege for bike lovers. If you are planning for this tour you can start your trip from Manali to Leh at any time of the year. But summer months are considered the ideal months for this adventure. The tour is among the finest thing you can plan in your lifetime. Thrilling experience on off roads, rough terrains, snow-capped mountains, enchanting water streams, huge glaciers on the way to the destination are few things which will leave you spell-bounded.
The thrilling journey from Manali to Leh Ladakh is an unforgettable one! Manali is 474 km away from Leh, which is 25 km away from Ladakh. Leh is well connected with Manali by roadways through Rohtang Pass. A large number of tourists visit this stunning Leh Ladakh every year. So without giving the trip second thoughts, you better pack your backpack and leave. On the route to Ladakh from Manali, the network connectivity is highly unpredictable. So it is best that you inform anxious relatives beforehand. However, in some areas, you might get BSNL connections.
Best bike for the trip-
All sorts of bikes are available in Manali for this purpose. You can choose any of these top-ranked listed bikes for this trip-
- Royal Enfield
- Bajaj Avenger Cruise
- Triumph Bonneville T100
- Hero Impulse
- Duke from KTM
- Mahindra Mojo
- Honda CBR 250R
Activities you can do-
THINGS TO CARRY
- Comfortable clothes – including warm clothes and woollens (even during the summers. The weather here is so unpredictable)
- 2-3 pairs of warm socks and waterproof gloves
- Sunglasses, cap, Sunscreen, lotion and lip balm
- Mandatory documents like Voter Card, Adhar Card, Passport, license etc.
- Medical certificate by a physician to check whether you are physically and medically fit
- Toiletries like body wipes, hand wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste, face wash, shampoo etc.
- Camera with extra memory cards
- Cash- As you might not find any ATM machine nearby
- Long boots- Water-resistant with ankle support
- Filterable water bottles
- Protein bar and energy bar
- Portable charger and Power bank
- Swiss knife- A multi-purpose toolset
- First Aid Kit- do not forget to add water purification tablets
Ladakh is famous for its scenic beauty and unique culture. It has some awe-inspiring lakes, breathtaking landscapes, mesmerizing monasteries, captivating rivers, enchanting glaciers and ample opportunities for adventure junkies. If you plan to go there, here are some tips to keep in mind-
- Keep yourself hydrated throughout the trip. So avoid drinking and smoking.
- Do not use plastic bags during the ride.
- Wear protective head-gears to avoid the glare of the sun and dust.
- Do not wear skin-fitted clothes as they might cause trouble with your movements during the ride.
- Do not play music too loud on your trip. Many people go there to find peace, not to see your party-animal side.
- The weather and temperature at high altitudes are extremely different from that of the plains. So pack your clothes accordingly!
- Take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes as climatic conditions in the high altitudes contrast from the plains.
- The ride takes through the eco-friendly zone, so do not throw your waste here and there. Keep the surroundings clean.
- Children and aged men are not allowed on bike trips. Get yourself checked by a physician if you are fit enough to take the long bike ride
- Always carry minimum weight